This should be a list of projects that are designed in a way that they could eventually scale up to a cross border universal basic income. Please add a short summary to the links.
Perhaps the most similar approach to circles. It is basically groups in circle where each group is a WoT with different WoT rules. And each group has its own blockchain and currency.
A frontend (app) for a basic income currency. The underlying currency is not specified yet. Could be circles.
Basic income is payed in €. The money is collected by voluntary donations, voluntary tax/affiliate revenue (crowdbar)
Basic income based on voluntary transaction fees of receiver/ aka VAT. You have to charge at least once this fee as a receiver of a money transfer to participate in the network.
http://meritcapitalism.com/ (currently not continued)
A similar proposal to circles - extended in a way that currencies can also be created for other things like creating a public good and not only "being a human".
A generic definition/framework for basic income cryptocurrencies. Circles is listed as an implementation of Group Currency that fits the strict requirements of the definition.
is also a UBI project based on Freicoin.
Somewhat similar to "mein-grundeinkommen". However - it is meant to be more sustainable. Basically companies make a voluntary decision to give x% of their revenue to the project. The Project will use 70% of the money to pay out basic incomes. Half to people that are randomly chose and half to people in 3rd world countries. The other 30% are used to fund new businesses that will give 10% of their revenue back to the project.